Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Today I read the email and realized that general screwiness was going to reign. Continental sent its one day fare sale email (which incidentally crashed their server) for my perusal and delight; it appears my only deal was to fly to Cleveland. I'll just keep my $113, thanks just the same. Also, after reading the following from Best of the Web,



Nothing we could say could improve on this report from the Burlington (Vt.) Free Press, on Howard Dean's official announcement of his presidential candidacy yesterday:

How will he win support of Democratic Party leaders, given his frequent criticism of them, a reporter asked Dean at a small morning news conference.

Not a problem, Dean responded. They'll come around once they get to know me.

"It is a bit of a club down there," he continued. "The Democratic Party, all the candidates from Washington, they all know each other, they all move in the same circles, and what I'm doing is breaking into the country club."
Jaws dropped.

Dean's 17-year-old son, Paul, was cited last week for aiding a break-in at the Burlington Country Club. Paul Dean allegedly drove the car while three friends broke into an outbuilding to steal beer.

Dean then asked a press aide: "Why do I say these things?"

I am moved to add a prayer:

O Lord, please make Howard Dean the Democratic Nominee for President.
For Christ's sake, amen.

Which reminds me;
"I have only made one prayer in my life: Lord, please make my enemies ridiculous. And He has granted it." Voltaire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home